Improve your sewing skills and learn new dressmaking techniques by making this classic and ultimately feminine Full Circle Skirt. Come along, be part of a small, friendly group with plenty of individual attention. Learn to sew, chat and make friends. The tea and biscuits are on us!
What you will learn
- How to measure yourself and choose your pattern size
- How to alter the pattern to your measurements to create your perfect fit by adjusting the waist and length as necessary
- How to attach a waistband
- How to insert a regular zip
- How to sew a narrow hem
The fitted pattern is then yours to take home to make the skirt again, together with step-by-step illustrated instructions for you to make more!
*Please note that this course is not suitable for complete beginners. In order to enrol on this class you need to know how to use a sewing machine with confidence and have either previously completed a few sewing or basic dressmaking projects, or have taken our Complete Beginners Sewing Course.
- All sizes 3m of 150cm wide woven (non stretchy) fabric (*Please let us know if your waist measurement is above 90cm/35 1/2″ as you may need extra fabric depending on how long you would like your skirt)
- Matching thread
- 25cm of light fusible interfacing
- An 8″ regular zip
Suitable fabrics: Medium to light weight fabrics such as lightweight to medium cotton, wool suiting and wool blends, lightweight denim. *Allow extra fabric for matching plaids or stripes.
*Important note: please make sure to pre-wash your fabric according to manufacturers instructions prior to attending the class. Do not skip this step, as your garment is very likely to shrink after the first wash unless the fabric has been pre-washed. You might end up with a skirt that no longer fits you. Not nice after all your efforts! This does not apply to dry clean only fabrics. Check with the shop about fabric care when purchasing your material.
Got a question for us? Please check our FAQs before contacting us!