New course dates now available for November and December 2020!
Are you looking for a sewing course that will teach you some essential sewing basics, while giving you an introduction to basic dressmaking? Do you wish to gain the confidence and inspiration you need to continue to experiment and learn to create many more exciting projects? Then this course is for you! The Easy Pyjamas Intro to Sewing course is the perfect introduction to sewing and basic dressmaking suitable for complete sewing novices and those already able to use a sewing machine alike.
On this course you will learn the very basics of sewing and of using a commercial pattern which you will then put into practice by making a fabulous pair of pyjama bottoms either long or *short suitable for both women and men!
No previous experience is required in order to take this course. You may join this class as a complete newbie or after taking any other of our Beginners Classes. The class is taught in small groups, so there is plenty of individual attention and opportunity to chat and make friends. There will be tea and biscuits to make the process sweeter!
What you will learn:
- How to set up and thread a sewing machine
- How to sew straight and curved seams
- How to troubleshoot sewing machine issues
- How to read and understand a multi-sized sewing pattern including the markings and mysterious jargon that accompanies them
- How to take your measurements
- How to select the right pattern size for you
- How to complete simple alterations to custom fit your pattern
- How to correctly pin the pattern to your fabric and how to accurately cut it out
- How to finish seams, insert elastic and create a simple hem
What to bring:
Nothing! We have the perfect fabrics and haberdashery for you to buy on the day, so just bring yourself!
- Sunday 15th November 2020, 10:30am-5:00pm
- Tuesday 18th & 25th November 2020, 10:30am-1:30pm
- Saturday 19th December 2020, 10:30am-5:00pm
* Please arrive 5 minutes early to ensure prompt start and to make the most of your class!
Please bring a packed lunch with you. We will provide water, tea and coffee!
Anything else you’d like to know? Please read our FAQs page before contacting us.
HAVING TROUBLE WITH YOUR BOOKING? PLEASE CLICK HERE FOR HELP.
PLEASE CLICK ON THE DATES TO CHECK AVAILABILITY!