Are you able to use a sewing machine with confidence and sew in a straight line? Would you like to be able to alter and upcycle your clothes to breathe some new life into them and learn how to reshape them so they fit well?
Then this course is for you! Come and join this full day class and learn invaluable alterations and upcycling techniques to build up the basic skills you need to alter your clothes, revamp your wardrobe and save a tonne of money!
The course will consist of practical demonstrations followed by time for you to practice the techniques and alter some of your clothes in the remaining time.
What you will learn
- How to mark, unpick and pin alterations into place
- How to insert elastic and stop it from twisting
- How to take in or let out garments including adjusting waistbands
- How to take up and let down hems
- How to fix gaping necklines and reduce big shoulders
- How to sew on buttons and other types of fastenings
- How to hem jeans
- How to create different types of hems both by hand and on the sewing machine
- How to transform and reshape garments using different upcycling techniques and much more!
What to bring
Please bring a selection of clothes you would like to alter, especially items needing taking up or letting down, taking in or letting out, jeans etc…
PLEASE NOTE- This course is suitable for those able to use a sewing machine and a perfect follow up to some of our Beginners classes. If you have no previous sewing machine experience, you may join either our Complete Beginners Sewing Course, Easy Pyjamas, or a combination of the former and Ultimate Beginners (Gifts & Accessories), or Boxy Tote Bag courses prior to attending this class.
* Please arrive 5 minutes early to ensure prompt start and to make the most of your class. Please bring a packed lunch as well as a notebook and pen with you. We will provide drinks and biscuits.
Got some questions about this course? Please read our FAQs page before contacting us!
PLEASE CLICK ON THE DATES TO FIND OUT ABOUT AVAILABILITY!