New April 2021 course dates now available for booking!
Do you have a favourite garment that fits you perfectly and would love to recreate it? Then this all day workshop is for you!
This course will teach you how to copy your clothes by making a pattern from an existing garment. You will leave the class with a perfectly fitted pattern and toile (test garment) ready to be made up as many times as you like and in all kinds of fabulous fabrics! So, if you like the sound of this here we we go!
What you will learn:
- Copying the shape of your garment
- Transferring seam lines, darts, gathers, tucks and any other design details
- Adding seam allowances
- Adding markings such as notches and balance marks
- Reproducing pockets and any other design details
- Making up a toile (test garment) to check the fit.
*Please note that this course is not suitable for beginners. You’ll need to have made a few garments as well as have some basic construction skills prior to attending the course. Because of the limited time frame, we recommend you bring something that is not too complicated. If in doubt, you could bring more than one garment and get advice from your tutor. Please note that depending on the scale of your project and on your skill level, you might not be able to get to the toile stage, but will however leave with the pattern ready to test at home.
What to bring:
To make your toile, please bring a length of calico or other cheap material as close as possible in weight and drape to the fabric you intend to use for the final garment.
- Tuesday 20th & 27th April 2021, 6:30pm-9:30pm
* Please arrive 5 minutes early to ensure prompt start and to make the most of your class.
Anything else you’d like to know? Please read our FAQs page before contacting us!
PLEASE CLICK ON THE DATES TO CHECK AVAILABILITY