The Delia top is an easy, semi-fitted ‘raglan sleeve’ top designed with comfort and style in mind, suitable for confident beginners through to experienced dressmakers. It works equally well in a variety of knit fabrics and can be sewn on an overlocker (serger), or entirely on a sewing machine. Go all out girly with a peplum and bow version or keep it simpler and more casual with a plain version. The choice is yours!
DIGITAL PATTERN: when purchasing this pattern you will receive an email containing three downloadable files:
- An 11 page sewing instructions file containing step by step illustrated instructions as well as a glossary and a pattern assembly guide and chart
- A 22 page print at home tiled version pattern, which can be printed on regular letter size A4 paper
- An A0 copy shop version pattern, which can be printed at a copy shop
In order to download the files you will need Adobe Reader . This can be downloaded for free here. Both patterns must be printed at 100% scale. We strongly recommend you download and read the instructions first before proceeding to downloading the tiled pattern or taking it to a copy shop.
SUITABLE FABRICS: ponte roma, double knits, ‘medium weight’ jerseys including cotton elastane and wool 150cm (60”) wide.
SKILL LEVEL: Confident beginner
- Fabric quantities: Version 1- 1.25m (1 3/8 yrd), Version 2- 1.40m (1 1/2 yrd), Version 3- 1m (1 1/8 yrd), Version 4- 1m (1 1/8 yrd).
- Matching polyester thread
- Basic sewing and cutting equipment
- A ballpoint or stretch needle
- A 2.5mm twin stretch needle (optional)
- Sewing machine
- Overlocker/serger (optional)