The Delia top is an easy, semi-fitted ‘raglan sleeve’ top designed with comfort and style in mind, suitable for confident beginners through to experienced dressmakers. It works equally well in a variety of knit fabrics and can be sewn on an overlocker (serger), or entirely on a sewing machine. Go all out girly with a peplum and bow version or keep it simpler and more casual with a plain version. The choice is yours!
DIGITAL PATTERN: when purchasing this pattern you will receive an email containing three downloadable files:
- An 11 page sewing instructions file containing step by step illustrated instructions as well as a glossary and a pattern assembly guide and chart
- A 22 page print at home tiled version pattern, which can be printed on regular letter size A4 paper
- An A0 copy shop version pattern, which can be printed at a copy shop
In order to download the files you will need Adobe Reader . This can be downloaded for free here. Both patterns must be printed at 100% scale. We strongly recommend you download and read the instructions first before proceeding to downloading the tiled pattern or taking it to a copy shop.
SUITABLE FABRICS: ponte roma, double knits, ‘medium weight’ jerseys including cotton elastane and wool 150cm (60”) wide.
SKILL LEVEL: Confident beginner
- Fabric quantities: Version 1- 1.25m (1 3/8 yrd), Version 2- 1.40m (1 1/2 yrd), Version 3- 1m (1 1/8 yrd), Version 4- 1m (1 1/8 yrd).
- Matching polyester thread
- Basic sewing and cutting equipment
- A ballpoint or stretch needle
- A 2.5mm twin stretch needle (optional)
- Sewing machine
- Overlocker/serger (optional)
TOO SCARED TO TACKLE A KNIT PATTERN ON YOUR OWN? DO YOU LIVE IN OR AROUND LONDON? THEN WHY NOT TAKE OUR LEARN TO SEW WITH JERSEY FABRICS CLASS WHERE YOU CAN LEARN TO SEW THIS PATTERN WITH THE EXPERT HELP OF ONE OF OUR TUTORS!! PLUS YOU’LL GET THE PATTERN INCLUDED IN THE COST OF THE COURSE TOO! 🙂