Are you a a keen sewer with a few dressmaking projects under your belt, willing to expand your understanding of how patterns are drafted? Do you wish to learn how to draft a basic bodice block you will be able to use as a template to create endless designs? Do you wish to be able to create patterns that will require a minimal amount of alterations? Then this course ifs for you!
With the help of our expert tutors, you will be guided through the process of drafting a basic bodice block based on your own measurements and take away a block to create patterns that fit you like a glove!
The course will consist of two sessions with some homework in between.
- Taking accurate measurements
- Drafting the block following your measurements
Cutting out and sewing the toile (test garment) together
- Checking the toile’s fit and making any necessary alterations
- Transferring the alterations to the block
- Cutting and sewing the final toile
What to Bring
2 metres of calico fabric. All other tools and equipment will be provided.
* Please arrive 5 minutes early to ensure prompt start and to make the most of your class.
Got a question for us? Please check our FAQs before contacting us!