Are you looking for a sewing course that will teach you some essential sewing basics, while giving you an introduction to basic dressmaking? Do you wish to gain the confidence and inspiration you need to continue to experiment and learn to create many more exciting projects? Then this course is for you! The Easy Pyjamas Sewing Boot Camp is the perfect introduction to sewing and basic dressmaking suitable for complete sewing novices and those already able to use a sewing machine alike.
On this course you will learn the very basics of sewing and of using a commercial pattern which you will then put into practice by making a fabulous pair of pyjama bottoms either long or *short suitable for both women and men!
No previous experience is required in order to take this course. You may join this class as a complete newbie or after taking any other of our Beginners Classes. The class is taught in small groups, so there is plenty of individual attention and opportunity to chat and make friends. There will be tea and biscuits to make the process sweeter!
What you will learn:
- How to set up and thread a sewing machine
- How to sew straight and curved seams
- How to troubleshoot sewing machine issues
- How to read and understand a multi-sized sewing pattern including the markings and mysterious jargon that accompanies them
- How to take your measurements
- How to select the right pattern size for you
- How complete simple alterations to custom fit your pattern
- How to correctly pin the pattern to your fabric and how to accurately cut it out
- How to finish seams, insert elastic and create a simple hem
What to bring:
Nothing! All materials are included. You will be able to choose from a selection of our fabrics. Just bring yourself!
* Please arrive 5 minutes early to ensure prompt start and to make the most of your class!
Please bring a packed lunch with you. We will provide water, tea and the sweet stuff!
Anything else you’d like to know? Please read our FAQs page before contacting us!