A great and simple introduction to sewing whilst making something beautiful for the home. No previous sewing experience is required for this class, so just come along and learn to use a sewing machine as well as some essential basic sewing skills to get started on your sewing journey whilst making a fabulous envelope cushion finished with a fabric covered button!
What you will learn:
- How to thread the machine, adjust the tension, and troubleshoot common problems
- How to sew in a straight line
- How to use a basic sewing pattern, pin and cut fabric the correct way
- How to make fabric covered buttons
- How to finish seams and some of the essential basic sewing terminology
This class is taught in small groups of up to 6 students, so there is plenty of individual attention for everyone. Come along and meet other like-minded wannabe sewists. The tea and biscuits are on us!
What to bring: Nothing! All materials will be provided.
*Please note that we do not provide the cushion padding.
The class will start promptly at the scheduled time. Please arrive five minutes early to allow time to settle.
Anything else you’d like to know? Please read our FAQs page before contacting us!